6.25.2008

Apprentice Interviews

Mhkululi Ncube

Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I come from Gqalaza under Wenlock area in Matabeleland South province. My mother passed away and I don’t really know my father. I don’t have a relationship with him. I live alone in Gqalaza and when I am at Ebenezer, no one looks after my home.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: I attended a Village meeting and heard the Chief making an announcement about Ebenezer. I attended the Selection Camp and enjoyed myself very much as I met other young people from different areas and learnt to work in team.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: There have been several challenges like extending my tomato beds, reconstructing my rabbit hutch and water – or should I say, lack of water! New designs and changes tend to be demoralising.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: Planning and working at my own pace and having the freedom to praise God.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: Many different people have influenced my life. There has been no one specific person.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years I will have a business with between 30 – 50 rabbits, I’ll be harvesting many crops especially tomatoes. My target is between 1000 – 1500kg per season.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga....



No comments: