9.06.2008

One - on - one with Tawanda Moyo


Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I was born on 5 June 1989. Both my parents passed away when I was 8 years old. I have one young sister who lives in Silozwe – a small rural business centre. I come from the Mapane area near Gwanda – a small town in Matebeland South. I live with my grandmother when I am away from Ebenezer.

Q: How did you hear t Ebenezer?
A: I heard about Ebenezer when I was in High school.I took a form and filled it in and then attended the Selection Camp.While on camp, I learnt that I needed to have a vision for my life which has affected my decisions and choices that I make. I learnt to work in team and I enjoyed the sporting activities. I had fun on camp.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: I found stumping trees (cutting down a tree to the roots) very challenging. It requires a lot of energy. The bush buck also ate my crops which I found very discouraging. I then built a fence around my field.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: I really enjoy my spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I’ve learnt how to live a life for Christ.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: My grandmother and my sister have been my role models.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years I see myself back in my community running a very successful business. I will help the orphans, employ young people and teach them the word of God.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga





No comments: