7.27.2010

Meeting Jackie Bell

Jackie Bell


It was excellent meeting Jackie Bell from Surrey, U.K while she was visiting Ebenezer. Jackie attends Reigate and Redhill Community Church which is part of Newfrontiers. The church is led by Alisdair Semple.

M.M: Tell me about your background?
J.B: I was born in Brighton and it was pretty much my mum and me. I am close to my grandmother. I don’t have any siblings. I did my college in Brighton and studied Psychology at the University of Sussex. I moved to Redhill and became a Youth worker at the church. I then became a Youth Evangelist for 2 years. I loved it. During that time God called me to Africa where I attended Jubilee and I was involved with Kids Club. I realised then that I needed a skill so I went back to England and qualified as a teacher with the view of coming back to Africa. Like Paul, I’ll use my tent-making skill to serve God.

M.M: What do you feel passionate about?
J.B: God has given me a heart to set up a work for under-privileged children and street children. When I go to Mozambique, I will be learning more about underprivileged children.

M.M: How long are you in Zimbabwe for?
J.B: I’m in Zimbabwe for a week and I’m staying with Mbonisi and Tashinga Malaba. I then head off to Mozambique for two and a half weeks.

M.M: What are your thoughts on Ebenezer?
J.B: I love the way the apprentices are using Foundations for Farming and that they have their own plots. I think it’s a good idea that Ebenezer is not too luxurious and it’s great to bring God into the community. The idea of being self-sufficient is necessary.

M.M: What is your favourite quote?
J.B: “If the son has set you free, you are free indeed.”

M.M: Any words of encouragement?
J.B: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. He is the God of the impossible.

M.M: So true. I hope God speaks to you clearly as you stay in Zimbabwe and on your adventures in Mozambique. Be blessed.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: