12.01.2008

Getting to know Honest Ndlovu

Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I am affectionately known as Honest. I come from a family of 7. There are 6 girls and 1 boy. I am number 3 and I am 21 years old. I have a 2 year old son called Welshman. I come from the Mapane area which is 30km from Ebenezer. It takes me 4 hours to walk home .I live with my maternal grandparents.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: One of my teachers told me about Ebenezer. I filled in the application form and came for the Selection Camp. I really enjoyed myself especially the welcome, teachings and games. The welcome inspired me to come to Ebenezer.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: The greatest challenge has been stumping (taking the roots of trees out of the ground). It is much easier when we are working in team than to do it myself. I also work very hard in my field and I find it discouraging when the cows and bush buck eat my plants. I have since built a fence around my plot to protect my plants.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: My greatest joy has been the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I enjoy listening to the word of God.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: My role model is Stephen Manhanga. I enjoy the way he teaches and preaches the word of God.

Q: It is very admirable the way you apply yourself in your field and the way you conduct yourself. What is your motivation?
A: I want to glorify God in everything that I do and I want to improve my lifestyle.

Honest collecting tomato seedlings to plant in her plot
Q: Wonderful Honest. You are also very active in Crossroads Community Church with the Praise and Worship and Children’s Ministry. Do you enjoy church life?
A: It is good. I enjoy what I am doing and I hope to attract others in being active in Crossroads Community Church.

Q: You were selected to go to Mega Vision in Harare in September. Did you enjoy yourself?
A: It was very good and I felt equipped spiritually. I made lots of friends and I learnt to speak a little bit of Shona (One of the vernacular languages spoken in Zimbabwe)

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time?
A: In 5 years I will be a successful business woman helping those in need and extending God’s Kingdom.
Amazing! May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.

Honest working in her field

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: