12.01.2008

Getting to know Pretty Moyo...

Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: We are 6 in my family and I am the second born. I live with my mother. My father died 6 years ago. I live in the Mabhulawuhi area which is approximately 5km from Ebenezer. It takes me 45 minutes to walk home. I have a beautiful daughter called Thembekile Nyathi. Thembekile means Honest.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: I was employed at a Camp Site near Ebenezer called Shalom when I heard about Ebenezer. I filled in the forms for the Selection Camp. I enjoyed it very much especially the games and the teachings.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: The greatest challenge has been the shortage of water but it is now better because I have a tap by my field which helps feed water to my drip kit. Another challenge was the animals coming to eat my plants. I felt discouraged but I managed to put a fence around my field.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: My greatest joy has been the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I have grown spiritually. I also enjoy farming very much. I like seeing my plants grow and I love harvesting them.
Pretty’s tomato crop
Q: Who has been your role model?
A: Peter Cunningham has been my role model. He is a successful businessman and he helps the community. That is what I also want to do.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time?
A: In 5 years time I want to have my own farm. I’ll be married and I’ll have another child. I also will own my own car.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.

Pretty getting ready to plant more tomato seedlings
Interview done by Molly Manhanga

No comments: