6.09.2010

Chatting to H Ross Dudley...

Hubert Ross Dudley

Hubert Ross, better known as H Ross is serving at Ebenezer for a bit. He comes from British Columbia, Canada. I had an excellent time getting to know him and chatting over different issues:

M.M: Tell me about your background?
H.D: I was born in Mississippi and grew up in Jackson, Madison County USA. I played basketball, American football, baseball and tennis and I really enjoyed it. Currently I work as a Pastor at an Anglican church in Vancouver, Canada. I studied for 3 years before working for the church.

M.M: Is this your first time to Africa or to Zimbabwe?
H.D: No, I’ve visited Africa and Zimbabwe before but this is my first time to Bulawayo and to Ebenezer?

M.M: What are your first impressions of Ebenezer?
H.D: It’s really beautiful with the fields and crops. The training Centre seems well-built and nice. I’m impressed with how the farming works. It’s real organized.

M.M: how long are you here for?
H.D: I don’t know! I’d like to be here on an extended time.

M.M: That’s great! What do you do to relax?
H.D: I relax when I’m at prayer services at church. I really like them. I write music but it’s more of a process.

M.M: What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
H.D: Beetle salsa. It’s beaten up insects and green stuff. It doesn’t taste great.

M.M: I bet! While in Zimbabwe, what traditional food would you like to taste?
H.D: Mopani worms in peanut butter.

M.M: That can definitely be arranged! Any words of encouragement?
H.D: May the peace of Christ go with you wherever He may send you.

M.M: Thank you so much. Enjoy your time at Ebenezer and in Zimbabwe.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: