6.29.2010

Getting to know Maurice Redmill

Maurice and Catherine Redmill


It was GREAT getting to know Maurice Redmill and his wife Catherine this past weekend. Maurice is one of the elders at Kings Community Church in Southampton.

M.M: Tell me briefly about your background?
M.R: I was born in Portsmouth and did my education there. I went to a Teacher Training College where I met Catherine. It was LOVE at first sight! I married Catherine 4½ years later. During my last year of College, I felt God calling me to full time ministry so I taught for a year before doing a degree in Theology in Bristol. It was a great time of God’s provision as all my fees and accommodation needs were met. Catherine and I have 2 children: Nicola who is 40 years old and Simon who is 36.

M.M: What ministries are you involved with at Kings Community Church?
M.R: I’m the Principal of the International Training Centre, a Trustee of KCC and I’m a Trustee of CRY.

M.M: What has been a highlight of your ministry?
M.R: Seeing young me develop and go into full time work.

M.M: What do you do to relax?
M.R: Read, read and read! And walk….

M.M: What is your favourite quote?
M.R: “The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart.”

M.M: Who has influenced you recently?
M.R: Wayne Grudem’s “Systematic Theology” on DVD

M.M: Who is your favourite Bible character?
M.R: Joseph. Joseph is about prophetic leadership for the nations.

M.M: Any words of encouragement?
M.R: God is GREAT and has great plans for his church locally, nationally and internationally.
M.M: Thanks so much Maurice.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: