4.27.2011

"The 7 habits of Highly Effective Teens"

Stephen Manhanga



“7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” is a book written by Sean Covey which Stephen Manhanga is working through with the graduates. He has been through the introduction and habits one and two. Much time was spent on the introduction as Steve tried to make sure that the graduates understood what he was saying and the journey he was taking them on.


Habit One: Be Proactive – take responsibility for your life.
Habit Two: Begin with the end in mind: Define your mission and your goals in life. Control your own destiny or someone else will.



“I have never planned a thing in my life. I just do things as they pop up. The thought that one should have an end in mind never ever entered my mind. It has been so exciting to learn, because I suddenly find myself thinking beyond the now. I am now not only planning my education but also thinking about how I want to teach my family, and what kind of home life we should have. I am taking charge of me, and not blowing in the wind anymore.”

Stephen with the graduates



1. You are at a critical crossroads in life and the path you choose now can affect you forever.
2. If you don’t decide your own future, someone else will do it for you.

How very true!



Summarised by Molly Manhanga


No comments: