6.16.2011

Meet Ashleigh Don

Ashleigh Don



Ashleigh is originally from Harare, Zimbabwe but is now attending University in Colorado Springs in the States. She has been in the States for 6 years and went there through YWAM (Youth With A Mission) She is visiting her mum who lives in Harare.

M.M: What course are studying at University?
A.D: Maths

M.M: Oh my goodness! Why Maths of all the subjects?
A.D: My heart is to get a Masters in Education and my route is Maths. It’s the least philosophical class available.

M.M: How long are you here in Zim?
A.D: 2 months and I’ll be travelling to Lusaka, Zambia and going to Harare.

M.M: Have you eaten any weird food since being here?
A.D: Being a Zimbo, not much is weird but I haven’t eaten sadza and roasted peanuts in ages.

M.M: What is your favourite quote?
A.D: “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose” and, “Life is a musical enjoy the song!

M.M: What are your thoughts on Ebenezer?
A.D: I’m very encouraged. It’s a great model. I like the example of building up the community and using the land which God has blessed us with for his purposes. It’s encouraging to see the fruit of those who have pioneered and they just keep going.

M.M: Thanks Ashleigh. I hope you enjoy your time in Zimbabwe and Zambia before you head back to the States.


By Molly Manhanga

No comments: