4.11.2009

One on One with Honest Matabire

Honest Matabire




M.M: Tell me about your background?
H.M: I come from Natisa Business Centre. I am 18 years old and I am the last born in my family. I have 1 brother and 1 sister. I live with my grandparents. Both my parents have died.

M.M: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
H.M: My uncle told me about Ebenezer. Although I filled in the Selection Camp forms, I was unable t attend the camp. I was then interviewed by the Ebenezer team and accepted at the Centre.

M.M: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
H.M: I haven’t faced any challenges yet since coming to Ebenezer.

M.M: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
H.M: I enjoy getting information to improve myself. I also enjoy the lessons especially the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I enjoy the Bible very much.

M.M: You have planted your first tomato crop. How are the crops doing?
H.M: Generally, all is going very well and I’m expecting a bumper harvest. I’m in friendly competition with my friend and neighbour Proud Moyo.
Honests field of tomatoes

M.M: Well done Honest. Your field certainly looks good! Who is your role model?
H.M: My role model is Brilliant Khoza. He is a good apprentice. Everything he does is successful including rearing rabbits and I want to be like him.

M.M: Wonderful. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
H.M: In 5 years time I’ll be a master farmer. I’ll be back in my community feeding my family and improving my community.

Thank you Honest. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: