4.11.2009

One on One with Proud Moyo

Proud Moyo


M.M: Tell me about your background?
P.M: I was born in Victoria Falls. We are 5 in my family. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the last born and I am 21 years old. I live in Mapane with my sister. Both my parents are dead.


M.M: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
P.M: My grandmother told me about Ebenezer. I filled in forms for the Selection Camp and attended the camp. I enjoyed it very much especially the way the team approached us and I enjoyed the canoeing.


M.M: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
P.M I haven’t faced any challenges yet since coming to Ebenezer.


M.M: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
P.M: I now have hope for my future. I have made new friends and I enjoy the spiritual lessons the most.


M.M: Fantastic Proud. You have planted your first tomato crop. How are the crops doing and do you think you’ll get a good harvest?
P.M: I will harvest a crop but at the moment I am struggling with boll worm. I am spraying my crop and hoping the boll worm will die out. Generally, my tomatoes are looking healthy. My next crop is cabbages which I’ll plant on the 29th April so I’m busy preparing my field.
Proud’s tomatoes

M.M: You sure are a hard worker. Who is your role model?
P.M: My friend Thabani Sibanda is my role model.He directs me and teaches me to farm God’s way. I find it easy to share my farming problems with Thabani and he always has a solution.

M.M: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
P.M: In 5 years time I’ll be back in my community implementing what I’ve learnt at Ebenezer. I also want to help my family and community.

Thank you Proud. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: