3.17.2009

One on one with Constance Ncube

Getting to know Constance Ncube
Q: Tell me about your background?
A: I am 20 years old and I come from Lushumbe village. This is approximately 4 hours walk from Ebenezer. I live with my parents. I am the third born in a family of 9.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: My father told me about Ebenezer. I collected forms for the Selection Camp and filled them in. I was unable to attend the Selection Camp because I was ill at that time. I however attended an interview with the Ebenezer staff and I was accepted.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A: I haven’t faced any challenges yet since coming to Ebenezer.

Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I’m enjoying working in my field as well as helping others who are behind in field preparations. I’ve made many new friends since coming to Ebenezer. I enjoy all the lessons being taught particularly the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga.

Q: Who is your role model?
A: Very good. The staff at Ebenezer are my role models. They really inspire me. They teach me different life skills and I am able to approach them when I don’t understand something. Most importantly, they teach me to live a Godly life.

Q: Your parents attended the Parent Day event not so long ago? What did they think of your field and Ebenezer as a whole?
A: It was a memorable and very enjoyable day for my parents as well as for me. They enjoyed being at Ebenezer and listening to the Vision. When they visited my plot, they were so happy with the tomatoes. They encouraged me to continue working hard.


Constance weeding her plot

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A: In 5 years time I will be back in my community being very successful in farming. I also want to teach my community to farm God’s Way. I am hoping to be married by then.

Thank you Constance. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.
Interviewed by Molly manhanga

No comments: