2.03.2009

One on one with Faith Ndlovu

Faith Ndlovu

Q: Tell me about your background?
A: My name is Siphephisiwe, better known as Faith by my friends at Ebenezer. I am 23 years old and I live in Mapane – approximately 30km from Ebenezer. I live with my parents, extended family and my daughter, Yolanda who is 6 years old.
Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: Ebenezer Selection Camp forms were being distributed at Mapane Primary school. I was very interested so I filled the forms in and attended the Selection Camp. I enjoyed it very much particularly the games and being with my peers.
Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A: My field! My plants drowned due to water logging in my field. I then cleared another plot but I am still facing problems because the soils are not good and I didn’t put manure in my planting stations. My plants are now dying. I am preparing for my next crop and I’ll make sure that I put manure as my basal fertilizer. I am also making compost.
Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I enjoy being with my peers and learning different things. I really enjoy the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga.
Q: Who is your role model?
A: My aunt. Her lifestyle inspires me. She is a quiet and peaceable person.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A: I will have a big plot with tomatoes, cabbages and potatoes. I’ll be focusing on my business. As time goes on, I’ll buy myself a car and when I am financially stable, I’ll think about marriage.
Thank you Faith. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: