2.08.2009

One on one with Lorencia Mabhena

Getting to know Lorencia Mabhena
Q: Tell me about your background?
A: I was born on the 23 September 1989. I come from a family of 9. I am the 8th born. I have 4 brothers and we are 5 girls. I live with my parents in Mapane which is about a 3 hour walk from Ebenezer.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: My friend Mbekezele Moyo told me about Ebenezer. I filled in forms and attended the Selection Camp. I enjoyed the camp especially the games and the way the Ebenezer team treated us.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A Apart from my field being waterlogged from all the rains we’ve been having, I haven’t faced any challenges since coming to Ebenezer.

Lorencia standing in her waterlogged field

Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I enjoy glorifying God and learning. I’ve really enjoyed the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga.


Q: Who is your role model?
A: Great. God is my role model. He leads me and is with me in whatever I do.


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

A: In 5 years time I will be back in my community being a high-powered businesswoman. I will be leading by example and training my community how to farm God’s way.


Thank you Lorencia. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.

Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: