8.22.2012

Meet the 1st Year Appy's - Alice Moyo

Alice Moyo

Background
I come from Jimilalucu in Tsholotsho which is very far from Ebenezer. I have to board 3 buses to get to my home. I am 20 years old and I live with my 71 year old grandmother. My mum died in 1999 and my dad is in Masvingo. I keep in contact with him. I went to Jimila Primary School and finished my Grade 7. I was 13 years old. I didn't go to High school because we couldn't afford the school fees. My granny had no money and my mother died when I was 5 years old.

Life at Ebenezer after 1 month
Life is fine here at Ebenezer. It is not much different from my home in Tsholotsho. I attend New Life for All Church. The food is okay. I didn't eat beans but now I do! I'm building chicken houses and thats okay. I haven't made 'good' friends yet. I think I'll last for the 2 years at Ebenezer.

Learnt to date
I've learnt to be a builder and how to fertilise crops like onions.

I really hope Alice makes 'good' friends and enjoys her time at Ebenezer.


By Molly Manhanga 
 
 

No comments: