8.31.2012

Meet Jolene van Heerden - 3D

It was great chatting to Jolene........
Jolene van Heerden
M.M: Tell me abit about your background?
J.vH: I was born in Rustenburg and lived there for 4 years before moving to Pietermaritzburg. We've recently moved to Joburg. We are 4 siblings in our family and I am the oldest. I have 2 younger sisters and a brother. i am 19 years old. I did Home schooling from Grade 1 to Grade 12. I enjoyed it and its quite flexible. I've never been in a formal school system.

M.M: What church do you attend?
J.vH: I was raised in the Dutch Reformed Church but now on my gap year I'll be attending different churches. I want to get exposed to different cultures and the way people conduct their services.

M.M: We look forward to seeing you at Crossroads. How has your stay at Ebenezer been so far?
J.vH: It has been quite enjoyable especially the farming and getting up early. We will be starting clubs like Art and I enjoy Art. There is alot of walking around and I'm not used to that. There is alot of spiritual warfare. Generally, I enjoy it.

M.M: You're certainly right about the spiritual warfare! What are your thoughts on the wedding held at Crossroads last Sunday? 
J.vH: The wedding was interesting. It was a mixture of cultures - traditional versus modern. Seeing how the bride and groom arrive was very different to what I know and then sharing lunch together but it was interesting.

M.M: Whats your favourite meal?
J.vH: Pizza

M.M: What are you hoping to gain personally during these 6 weeks at Ebenezer?
J.vH: I'm hoping to grow in God and learn more about Him. I'm also hoping to gain knowledge and experience here for my future. I'd like to get involved in Prison Ministry so I want to learn as much as possible.

M.M: It's so encouraging seeing a young person know exactly what they'd like to do. Be blessed as you learn more about God and about yourself while you are at Ebenezer.


By Molly Manhanga
 


No comments: