3.24.2009

Getting to know Sithabiso Thsuma

Sithabiso Tshuma

Q: Tell me about your background?
A: I am 19 years old and I live at Natisa with my older brother. Natisa is a 14k walk from Ebenezer. I also grew up at Ethandweni Children’s Home. Both my parents have passed away.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: Selection Camp forms came to White Water Secondary School – the high school that I was attending. I filled in the forms and attended Selection Camp. I enjoyed the camp especially being with my peers.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A I haven’t faced any challenges yet since coming to Ebenezer.

Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I enjoy working in my plot. I also enjoy the lessons especially the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I enjoy co-operating with other people and discussing my future.

Q: You have planted a new tomato and cabbage crop. How are the crops doing?
A: Generally, very well but cut worm has affected my crops. I’ll spray karate to kill of the worm.


Sithabiso checking on her cabbages

Q: Who is your role model?
A: God is my role model. Everything he does is good. He has no favourites and he loves everyone.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A: In 5 years time I’ll be having a farm and I’ll be very successful.

Thank you Sithabiso. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.
by molly manhanga

No comments: