12.01.2008

Getting to know Andile Dube

Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I come from Mapane which is about 30km from Ebenezer. We are 9 in my family including my mother and my father. I am the first born together with my twin sister. I am 20 years old.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A:I heard about Ebenezer at a Ward meeting. A Ward meeting is where the community gathers together and we have different figures of authority that are present. At this meeting that I attended, the Councillor of our Ward made the announcement about Ebenezer. I filled in the application forms and attended the Selection Camp. I enjoyed it very much, especially the lessons, games and teamwork.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: The greatest challenge I had was getting to know other people. At that time, I was the only one who came from the Mapane area. I have learnt how to socialize and have since made many friends.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: My greatest joy has been the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. They have helped me grow in Christ. I also enjoy learning about the positives and negatives of farming through practical experience.
Apprentices collecting their tomato seedlings
Q: Who has been your role model?
A: I can’t think of anyone off hand that has been a role model to me.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years I will have a big farm in my home area that will be managed by my family. I will be teaching my family and the community how to Farm God’s Way as well sharing the information I have learnt at Ebenezer.
Andile preparing her planting stations for the tomato seedlings

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.
by molly manhanga


No comments: