5.18.2009

One on one with Mbongeni Nyathi

Mbongeni Nyathi




Q: Tell me about your background?
A: I am 18 years old. I live in Halale village. It takes me 3 hours to walk home from Ebenezer. I’m the first born in my family. I have one young sister. My father passed away in 2002 and I live with my mother.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: My mother who works for the Red Cross told me about Ebenezer. I filled forms for the Selection Camp and attended the camp. I enjoyed the camp especially the games. I learnt a lot of new things.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A I haven’t found anything difficult as yet since coming to Ebenezer.

Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I enjoy worshipping God, playing games and farming.

Q: You have planted your first crops. How are they doing?
A: I have tomatoes and cabbages in my field. I have started harvesting tomatoes and I’m expecting a good harvest. My field is looking great. I also think my cabbages will do well.
Mbongeni’s tomatoes
Q: Well done Mbongeni. Your field certainly looks good! Who is your role model?
A: My uncle has been my role model. He is a very generous man and I want to be like him.

Q: Wonderful. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A: In 5 years time I’ll be back in my community teaching others to farm. I’ll definitely be a successful businessman. I’ll also be looking for a wife.

Thank you Mbongeni. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your community.

Mbongeni’s field
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: