5.28.2009

One on One with Mcebisi Ncube

Mcebisi Ncube
Q: Tell me about your background?
A: I come from Simbumbumbi which is a 4 to 5 hour walk from Ebenezer. I stay with my grandparents as both my parents have passed away. I am the first born in a family of 4 and I am 20 years old.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: My neighbour told me about Ebenezer. I filled in some forms and attended the Selection Camp. I enjoyed the camp especially the games and the film “Faith like Potatoes”.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge at Ebenezer?
A I haven’t experienced any challenges yet since coming to Ebenezer.

Q: What has been your greatest joy at Ebenezer?
A: I enjoy playing ball games because I am good at them. I also enjoy the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga because I am learning more and more about God. I have really improved as my understanding is getting better.

Q: You have planted your first tomato crop. How are the crops doing?
A: I have harvested 456kg to tomatoes so far. It’s a good first attempt for me. My cabbages are not looking so good. I think it is the soil so I’ll continue to apply manure.
Mcebisi’s field of tomatoes

Q: Good going Mcebisi. Who is your role model?
A: My role model is Mr Stephen Manhanga. He is active and so passionate about God. I want to be just like him.

Q: Wonderful. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A: In 5 years time I’ll be a successful farmer. I’ll also be back in my community teaching my family about Farming God’s Way. I’d like to travel as well if things go well for me.

Thank you Mcebisi. May you be blessed as you continue to impact your
community.
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: