9.06.2008

One - on - one with Mbekezeli Moyo


Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I come from the Mapane area which is under Gwanda – a small town in Matebeleland South. We are 7 in my family and I am the 1st born. I have one younger brother and 3 younger sisters. When I go home, I live with my mother. My father works in Bulawayo.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: I heard about Ebenezer through my cousin Qhubekani Moyo. I attended the Selection Camp and learnt about the vision of Ebenezer, farming and how to be successful in business. I made some new friends and I enjoyed the camp.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: There is no electricity at Ebenezer so I cannot study during the evenings. When I planted my crops, they got eaten by cattle and bush bucks. Water was also a problem as I couldn’t get water to my field. I decided to keep going and not get discouraged. I put a fence around my field to help keep the animals out.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: I am studying the Bible and learning how to preach the word of God.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: My father has been my role model.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years time, I see myself as a successful businessman and I will employ other young people within my community.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.

Interviewed by Molly Manhanga
















No comments: