3.21.2010

A few minutes with John Wardill


John Wardill

How wonderful meeting John Wardill who serves on the eldership team from The Coign Church and he is also part of David Devenish’s team. He visited Ebenezer Training Centre and I managed to chat to him for a while.

M.M: tell me briefly about your background?
J.W: I lived in Deli, India until I was 5 years old. I came back to the U.K and lived in the South of London. I became a Christian as a teenager through Billy graham. I married Anne and we are now married for 40 years. We have 3 children and 9 grandchildren. We are a multicultural family as my two daughters married men from Zambia and Trinidad.

M.M: Wonderful! What do you do now?
J.W: For the last 20 years I have been pasturing a Church. I used to work as a Personal Director and God called me to work full time in the Church. I am part of the Eldership team in The Coign Church. Coign means Cornerstone. Over the last 10 years I have travelled a lot and I am part of David Devenish’s team.

M.M: Is this your first time to Zimbabwe and what are your impressions?
J.W: Very hospitable. I have been welcomed everywhere we’ve been. In 5 days I have met lots of people and they have been friendly. I feel at home.


M.M: What are your thoughts on Ebenezer?
J.W: I’m very impressed by Foundations for Farming and seeing the apprentices trying it is brilliant as well as them going back to their communities. The huge vision of the project is also impressive. The very simple practical tools implemented effectively does so much. I like the fact that you are training young people aged 17years to 25years.

M.M: What do you do to relax?
J.W: I walk and cycle

M.M: What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
J.W: Shark
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: