3.20.2010

A few minutes with Norman Bryon



Norman Bryon

It was excellent chatting to Norman Bryon when he visited Ebenezer. This is what he said:

M.M: Tell me briefly about yourself?
N.B: I taught for 36 years. I met Suzanne when she was running the Scripture Union camp. I am very shy but it has been one step at a time to leading. We have 3 great children which are a blessing. I started my links with Zimbabwe in 1997. I came in 2001 and every year since. In 2005 I took early retirement to come to Zimbabwe for longer periods.

M.M: What are you doing now?
N.B: I have a heart for the people of Zimbabwe. My greatest thrill is working with black Zimbabweans. I enjoyed working in the fields in Umguza. The atmosphere was wonderful. In Harare, I am working with black Zimbabweans which is great and being part of a team. That’s the thrill.

M.M: Amazing man you are! What are your thoughts on Zimbabweans?
N.B: Peaceful, loving people. It’s a shame to see so much suffering!



(Left to right) Suzanne and Norman Bryon with John Wardill


M.M: What are your thoughts on Ebenezer?

N.B: Ebenezer blew us away when we came last May. The vision is great but it is not plain sailing. I’m impressed with the idea of replicating it.

M.M: What do you do to relax?
N.B: I watch DVD’s, reading books and being in my carpentry workshop

M.M: What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
N.B: I enjoy food but I haven’t eaten anything unusual.

M.M: What are you passionate about?
N.B: People being treated equally.

M.M: You truly are an inspirational man. Thank you for your time.



By Molly Manhanga

No comments: