9.21.2010

Meet Laura Hastings

Laura Hastings



It was great meeting Laura Hastings at Ebenezer this morning. Laura comes from South East London and she attends Beacon Church led by Owen Hylton. Beacon Church is part of Newfrontiers and has been planted out from Kings Church.

M.M: Tell me about your background?
L.H: I was born into a Christian family and grew up in London until I was 11 years. I did my secondary school in a small village. I have 2 younger siblings. I went to the University of York and did my undergraduate course and the College of Law for my post graduate studies.

M.M: When did you move to London?
L.H: I moved to South East London last year.

M.M: How is the church plant going?
L.H: It’s going well but hard work for our pastor! There is not much money but it’s exciting. We are learning how to build family within such a diverse church and how to reach out to those around us with the gifts we have.

M.M: How would you describe your time in Zimbabwe?
L.H: I’d describe it as a time to slow down and listen to God’s agenda instead of having Him listen to mine. It has been a real privilege.

M.M: Thanks so much Laura. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
By Molly Manhanga

No comments: