9.11.2010

One on one with Lester Brandt

Jake Brandt


Lester, better known as Jake, comes from Pennsylvania. Jake fellowships at Manor Church. This is what he said:


M.M: Tell me about your background?
J.B: I was born on a farm in Pennsylvania and farmed there until I was 25 years. I went into the construction business building commercially. I went on my own 20 years ago. Business is good. I enjoy remodeling farm houses. I met my wife Sallie when I was 35 years old and married her 3½ years later. We have a son called Joshua who is turning 10.

M.M: Tell me about your family life?
J.B: We have ups and downs. The longer it gets, the better it gets. It’s good!

M.M: Is this your first time to Africa and Zimbabwe?
J.B: Yes. I think Zimbabwe is great. I’m blessed for sure.

M.M: What do you think about Ebenezer?
J.B: When I look at the surrounding landscape, it’s so dry and barren and yet the apprentices work so hard. I’m impressed. The irrigation is good and necessary. You all work so hard to make it happen. It’s hard to explain. The apprentices do the best with what they got. They are lean and fun.

M.M: For sure! Who is your favourite Bible character?
J.B: David and Joseph. I’m impressed with them. They walked with God and talked with God.

M.M: What are you hoping to do in 5 years time?
J.B: Probably the same thing I’m doing now. I can see myself coming back here with my wife and child.

M.M: Thanks Jake and for all the work you’ve done. Be blessed!

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: