6.17.2010

One on one with Hannah Terry

Hannah Terry


Hannah Terry comes from Birmingham, U.K. She attends The Crown Church led by Martin White. Hannah will be serving at Crossroads and Ebenezer for the next 8 weeks. Hannah flew into Zimbabwe on Tuesday after spending 6 weeks serving in Uganda. This is what she said….

M.M: Tell me briefly about your background?
H.T: Hannah grew up on the outskirts of East London where she did all her schooling until the age of 18. She then went to Uganda on a gap year for 6 months. Her experience was difficult but amazing especially as she looks back on it now and realizes that she was pretty young that time.

M.M: Is this your first time in Zimbabwe?
H.T: Yes it is!

M.M: Early days yet but what do you think of Zimbabwe so far?
H.T: It’s very different to what I expected. It’s really cold here but there is electricity, running water, internet etc. I assumed it would be like in Uganda – I was in the slums of Uganda where there is nothing.

M.M: What do you enjoy doing?
H.T: Anything creative and arty. I studied textile design.

M.M: Do you feel that textile design will be useful out here in Kezi?
H.T: In Uganda, lots of people jumped in on it and were very excited. I’m not sure about out here though.

M.M: I’m sure the apprentices will love your creativity. What do you think of Ebenezer so far?
H.T: The plots are so neat and there are so many. The fields just go on and on…..

M.M: What do you do to relax?
H.T: reading, sewing and drawing.

M.M: Who has influenced you recently?
H.T: People in my work place back home. We’ve been through a merger recently and they have been a real support.

M.M: Well, I hope these next 8 weeks will be memorable for you and I look forward to getting to know you more.

By Molly Manhanga

No comments: