10.03.2010

"Leadership is building people" with Bob Kuest

Bob Kuest

Key scripture: Isaiah 55:8 – 9: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Gods ways and thinking hasn’t changed. We need to recapture the way God is thinking.

Leadership is building people – making people stronger. “To serve” is an action verb.
Hellenism sees leadership as a “position”. God sees leadership as a “responsibility.”

Leadership is dedicated
a) On purpose (set myself aside to that which God has called me to)
b) It is a heart-set. 1 Timothy 3:1 “There is a faithful saying: if a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work.” What is your motivation to this call?
c) Based in willingness. 1 Peter 5: 1 – 4 Willingness means I didn’t choose between options
Situation: Forced Service – Back to the story of Joseph: when he was sold into slavery, he was forced to serve.

If Joseph was power-based – he would have tried to fight and flee. Joseph was servant-based – he made other people look good.
Dedicated leadership stays the course

No comments: