10.03.2008

One-on-one with Dazza Maphosa


Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I come from Simbumbumbi area in the Gwanda district. It takes me approximately 6 hours to walk from my home to Ebenezer. I live with my grandparents and 8 other family members. I am number 7 in a family of 10.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: I heard about Ebenezer through a cousin. I filled in a form and attended the Selection Camp. I enjoyed it so much especially playing games, swimming and the interaction between my camp leaders and us. It was wonderful.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: My greatest challenge has been the water and transporting the necessary items for my business to grow and flourish like poles which are cut quite a distance away from field, or if I collect manure and so on.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: I have really enjoyed the spiritual lessons with Stephen Manhanga. I feel that my life is changing. The Discipleship groups have given me a chance to discuss issues of life and conduct myself in a Godly manner. I also enjoy playing soccer.

Q: Your cabbage crop has done really well in comparison with other apprentices. How did you manage to succeed?
A: I really prepared my field. After digging holes, I put in basal fertilizer and watered my holes a week in advance before planting my cabbages. I also put mulch. Above all, I believe that God intervened and helped me.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: Lucas Radhebe – a South African soccer player has been my role model. I like the way he plays soccer as well as his family values.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years time, I see myself as a successful businessman, married and having I child. I will impact my community both spiritually as well as training people in Farming God’s Way.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.

Interview done by Molly Manhanga


No comments: