10.20.2008

One on one with Msizi Mwale

Q: Give a brief outline of your background?
A: I come from a family of 7. I am number 5. My family originates from Zambia and were part of the Chewa tribe. My family moved from Zambia to Zimbabwe when my father was a young man. I now stay in the Magobeni area near Nduna Primary school. I stay with my mum, my young sister and 7 nephews and nieces. My father died in 2002.

Q: How did you hear about Ebenezer?
A: I heard about Ebenezer from my brother who lives in Bulawayo. I filled in forms and attended a Selection Camp. I enjoyed it very much especially when Shelton Taguma shared about the Dream family and the future.

Q: What has been your greatest challenge since coming to Ebenezer?
A: The greatest challenge has been the water shortage. I collect water from the reservoir in containers and use a wheel barrow to carry the water to my field. Now I have a drip irrigation kit which is really helpful.

Q: What has been your greatest joy in being at Ebenezer?
A: My greatest joy has been getting to know other apprentices, being able to sing with them and seeing my church grow.

Q: Who has been your role model?
A: Shelton Taguma has been the greatest influence in my life and my mentor. He expresses himself clearly and he helped me grow in Christ. He has also shared about HIV/AIDS.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years time:
A: In 5 years, I will own 2 hectares of land, employ 5 people and I’ll be married. I would like to train other young people with the skills I have gained.

May God bless you as you continue to be a light at Ebenezer and in your community.
Interviewed by Molly Manhanga

No comments: